The Vast Majority of Canadians are Active Online
Canadians of all ages are world leaders when it comes to internet usage. These data-points show just how engaged Canadians are online. If anything they underscore the true numbers as most of these data points are already a year old. Data from Statistics Canada unless otherwise noted.
1. The average Canadian spends 43.5 hours a month on the Web, almost twice the worldwide average of 23.1 hours. (comScore)
2. 85% of British Columbians and 80% of Canadians have regular access to the Internet.
3. 96% of Canadian internet users go online from home.
4. 92% of Canadians who access the internet from home have a high-speed connection.
5. 75% of Canadians go online every day during a typical month
6. 54% of Canadians would be more engaged in conversations of government policy if they could participate online. (Vision Critical)
7. 52% of Canadians (17.6 million) visit YouTube at least once a month. (comScore)
8. 50% of Canadians (16.6 million) have a Facebook profile. (Inside Facebook)
9. 27% of Canadian Internet users actively contribute content, including posting to blogs, posted photos or joined discussion groups.
10. 25% of Canadian Internet users are over the age of 55.