Vancouver Viaducts | Re:connect – The Awards
Over the fall, the City of Vancouver hosted a design competition that asked entrants to revision the land currently occupied by the Georgia and Dunsmuir Viaducts. Last week, residents and experts were asked to pick their favourites.
The votes are now in, and the City will be announcing the winners tomorrow, December 1st .The announcements and a panel discussion are open to the public. They will be held in the Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema at SFU Woodward’s from 7-9 pm. Admission is free, but seating is limited. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
A Panel discussion with the local jury members augmented by Helle Soholt (Gehl Architects, Copenhagen), Ken Greenberg (Greenberg Consultants Inc, Toronto), and Brent Toderian, City of Vancouver Director of Planning will follow the award announcements. The discussion will be moderated by Gordon Price.
- Ken Greenberg, Greenberg Consultants Inc
- Joe Hruda, Civitas Urban Design and Planning
- Dr. Tom Hutton, UBC School of Community and Regional Planning
- Patricia Patkau, Patkau Architects
- Helle Soholt, Gehl Architects
- Brent Toderian, Director of Planning City of Vancouver