Shannon Mews Park Design Consultation
The new 0.285 hectare park is part of the redevelopment of Shannon Mews, and will be accessible from both 57th Avenue and from Granville Street. The landscape architecture firm of Durante Kreuk Ltd. has developed a concept design for the new public green space, which will feature heritage elements, native landscaping, and a natural playground.
The Shannon Mews park is part of an overall redevelopment of Shannon Mews, which includes:
- Demolishing two existing buildings
- Building three new buildings
- Building two levels of underground parking
- Restoring three designated heritage buildings and perimeter walls
- Restoring heritage landscaping elements
- Landscape work including replacing an existing swimming pool
- Building a district energy system
Online feedback form will be available until October 3, 2012.
Here are the concept drawings from the Shannon Mews Park open house panel, held on 12 September 2012. The drawings provide an overall look at the park plans. Click on the images to download a full size pdf.