PlaceSpeak is Hiring a Lead Software Engineer/CTO
NOTE: This position has been filled.
While our current software development team has done an amazing job—be sure to check out our new look and feel, as well as notification feature— it is time to bring the expertise in-house.
As our pilot testing with governments and businesses in western Canada wrap up, and our first paying customers are now coming on board, we are looking for a full-time lead engineer to lead and grow our team in building an amazing product and scaling our user base and audience.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is an experienced developer/leader who is self-motivated, dedicated, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted, and interested in helping to shape the direction of a growing product and community over the next few years.
- Lead the development and execution of technology strategy
- Design, build and maintain a cutting edge web application with availability and scalability in mind
- Develop, Test, Deploy and Operate product on secure, scalable infrastructure
- Grow, develop and mentor the technology team as the business grows
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in CS, EE, or equivalent education and experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- 5+ years web development experience
- Strong communication, management and collaboration skills
- Agile methodologies and project management systems
- Linux, PHP, MySQL, OO design, JS/AJAX/JQuery, CSS
- Experience with designing for cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, GoGrid, etc.
- Knowledge of one or more of Google Maps, Twilio, Facebook APIs preferred
- Working knowledge of OpenId, Oauth preferred
What We Are Offering
- Opportunity to join an exciting startup
- Get in early – direct impact on company and product direction
- Work with a great team who have built successful tech companies before
- Significant equity potential for the right person
This is a full-time position based in Vancouver, BC (preferred location although we will consider telecommuting for a special candidate).
How to Apply
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter, your resume, and links to exciting products you have built.