Noteworthy News: December 10th – 16th
Here is our weekly wrap-up of news and views:
- “And the Winners are…”: re:CONNECT Stand-outs Announced!: The City of Vancouver has announced the winners of the re:CONNECT Open Ideas Competition regarding the future of our Viaducts and Eastern Core. (Spacing Vancouver)
- Low-cost Downtown Eastside hotel rooms disappearing: Redevelopment and rent hikes are eating in to the supply of low-cost hotel rooms in the Downtown Eastside, according to a report prepared by a community group. (Globe and Mail)
- Vancouver Cyclists vs Vancouver Weather: Mashing up bike trip data from the City of Vancouver along with weather statistics from Environment Canada, The Dependent examines the fickle relationship between Vancouver cyclists and our West Coast climate. (The Dependent)
- B.C.’s Public Consultation Process: Public consultations: meaningful dialogue or empty theatre? (BC Business)
- Moore takes chair of Metro Vancouver board: Port Coquitlam Mayor Greg Moore has been acclaimed the new chair of the Metro Vancouver board, catapulting him into a prominent leadership role on regional matters.