Bowen Island Municipality Joins PlaceSpeak
During the 2015 UBCM (Union of BC Municipalities) Trade Show, Bowen Island Municipality was the lucky winner of a one-year PlaceSpeak Enterprise license. This means that the municipality will be able to host an unlimited number of consultations throughout 2016 on a variety of community issues, including the upcoming transportation master plan, and annual budget.
For a small, tight-knit community like Bowen Island, PlaceSpeak’s suite of features helps to enhance conversations that may already be happening locally, and transforms great ideas into legitimate data which can be used in the decision-making process.
Benefits of PlaceSpeak for Bowen Island residents:
- Participants are geo-verified when they sign up, which means that residents can be confident that the feedback taken into consideration is coming exclusively from Bowen Island residents, and not from those living outside Bowen Island.
- PlaceSpeak provides a platform for residents to engage in respectful discussion around major initiatives which will have a meaningful impact on their community.
- As a Privacy by Design Ambassador, PlaceSpeak ensures that participants’ information remains private and secure.
- PlaceSpeak connects residents with decision-makers on specific long-term projects that impact the entire community.
- Data and feedback received is authenticated, legitimate and can be used to inform official decision-making processes.
- The consultation process is official, open, and transparent.
- Residents have the opportunity to participate at varying levels of engagement, including online polling, discussion forums, interactive mapping and surveys.
- Through engaging with one another, residents can develop new ideas, share local insights and build community consensus.